The GSR 1911 is a suppressed pistol featured in Critical Ops.
The weapon has overall decent and moderate statistics with a steady fire rate and medium damage and accuracy. The GSR 1911 also has great run speed which can be convenient for fast travel across maps. At a price of $600 in Defuse matches, this weapon is handy if short on money and can serve as a replacement for a primary weapon, due to its low cost and decent damage.
- High damage to the head- can one-shot headshot at close ranges.
- Third cheapest pistol.
- Moderate rate of fire.
- Moderate to high damage.
- Very quiet firing noise-unnoticeable on radar.
- Low magazine capacity.
- Low reserve magazine amount.
- Slower rate of fire than some other handguns, also slower than automatic weapons.
Firing at the head is the optimal choice, since it has only 8 rounds of ammunition which can be expended relatively quickly. Firing at the torso is also an option, but is usually less effective. Because of its spray-pattern which only goes up and doesn't drift to the sides, fire at a steady pace to control the recoil; this is especially useful when trying to land headshots. This, however, can be difficult, especially for newer players, so practice is recommended.
Use fast-firing weapons such as the XD .45 in a pistol round, or any assault rifle. They all have a magazine capacity that outnumbers the capacity of the GSR 1911 as well as a faster rate of fire. Don't get too close to the opponent, since it will give them a better chance of landing a headshot.
- The GSR 1911 is one of the weapons included in the tutorial, alongside the AK-47 and the knife.
- It is heavily based on the real-life Sig Sauer GSR. Before the 0.6.3.5 patch, this handgun featured a standard 1911 barrel. The post-patch model now has the Dead Air Odessa 9 suppressor
- Along with the AUG and Vector, this is one of the three weapons currently equipped with a supressor.
- The Critical Ops app icon shows a Counter-Terrorist holding the GSR 1911 without silencer. This was before 0.6.3.5.
|view · talk · editWeapons|
|Knives||Knife | Kukri Knife | Remix Knife | Tac-Tool Knife|
|Pistols||Deagle | Dual MTX | Glock 19 | GSR 1911 | MR 96 | P250 | XD .45|
|Submachine guns||KrissVector | MP5 | MP5K | MP7 | P90 | UMP45 | Uzi|
|Assault Rifles||AK-47 | AUG | HK417 | M4 | M4A1 | SA58 | SG 551|
|Shotguns||FP6 | Super 90 | XM1014 Shotgun|
|Sniper Rifles||AWP Sniper | M14 | TRG-22 | URatio | SVD|